Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hunger



I am pretty excited about this one, when I was in grade 12 I took Mr. Legg's history class. We had to write two term papers, my first paper was about Che'. I thought since no one was doing it, some one had to fill in the cliche, so I was "that guy." The second term paper I struggled with, I didn't have much of a clue this time, but I still wanted to be "that guy." We of course know what "that guy" means right? I was the one who wanted to be different from all my peers. Then I was listening to those pototatoes eaters we all love, U2, as well as watching Angela's Ashes, and it hit me. Write on the Northern Ireland Conflict! thus, while taking on this task, I got caught up in Bobby Sands' story, he was an IRA member who was convicted for his involvement with the group. While in prison Sands started a hunger strike as a form of protest. While writing my paper about the conflict, it turned into a paper on Sands, he was without a doubt a stunning person to write about. In the end I received a great mark because the teacher hadn't read a paperr on Sands in sometime. Hunger is about Bobby Sands.

No comments: